Friday, 22 April 2016

Exclusive Interview: The hand of God is on my crown…Queen Uwe Nja 2015


Exclusive Interview: The hand of God is on my crown…Queen Uwe Nja 2015
Queen Uwe Nja 2015/ 16 is a unique woman you will like to meet. In an exclusive media chat with our
journalist Ethelbert Umeh in Owerri, Imo State, the beauty queen, fastest rising fashion model, and creative designer spoke about her life, family, crown, sexual harassment, and other sundry issues.
Below are excerpts:
Tell us about yourself?
My name is Her Royal Majesty Queen Lilian Adolf Njiribeako (representing Queen Uwe Nja 2015). Born and raised in Owerri. My parents were university dons before my death of my father few years ago. I am the first in a family of seven. My mother just launched her clothing line few weeks ago. Currently, I am a student of FUTO.
What is Uwe Nja?
Uwe Nja is a local fabric of the Igbo people of Nigeria. It portrays the fashion sense of Africa. So, the aim of the queen is to portray everything about African fabric, tourism, culture of the Igbos and Africa in general.
How far have you gone after winning the crown?
I am really making some efforts. I have attended a wide range of local events and series of fashion shows. This month, I was supposed to be in Ghana, but was not able to go due to some obvious logistics.
We couldn’t reach a palatable agreement with the organizers. There are other things coming up, for instance I was invited to participate actively for the ECOWAS MODEL SUMMIT screening coming up in Kinshasa by next month. My team is warming up for that.

I am also looking in joyful hope to attend to all the fashion weeks coming in up in Nigeria like Lagos Fashion design week, African fashion week, Nigeria, African fashion week London and so on.
When will your tenure end?
I will hand over by December 2016. I was supposed to hand over last year December, but the organizers felt I was so good. So, they asked me to stay for more one year. And that is why, you see me on this throne till now. I won 2 crowns on the same day, one has ended, and another has not.
How did you win 2 crowns?
Yes, I was the first queen to win 2 crowns at the same time. It was a marvel in my eyes. Uwe Nja beauty pageant will be 10 years old this year. The first Uwe Nja was a guy. He was 20 years old then. He was called Uwe Nja monarch. It is a man; he will be referred as a monarch. But when it is a female like in my case, she will be called Queen Uwe Nja. On the same day, I won 2 crowns; I won Queen Uwe Nja, and also won Miss Sonya Ambassador Nigeria 2015. As Miss Sonya, I represented Forever Living Products in Nigeria. I am also a creative designer, and this paved way for the second award. My tenure as Miss Sonya Ambassador 2015 has ended meritoriously. To the best of my knowledge, I was the first queen in Imo State to go home with two crowns at the same time.
How did you feel about this?
It was a rare privilege. To be able to hold 2 crowns at the same time wasn’t easy for me. I was excited when my name was called. Many dignitaries both from private and corporate organizations filled the hall to the brim.
As a matter of fact, last year was a very busy year for me. As a queen, you can go to any event with or without invitation. It was just fun. My hard work and quest for excellence paved way for me. The hand of God is on my crown. I followed all the instructions at the camp, I left no stone unturned.

2 comments:

What is your take on this matter? Your Comments Are Appreciated .Thanks..

TRENDING